Monday, April 14


The Twelfth Station

I was brought up in a Catholic family. I believed in its dogma totally. I was an altar boy who wanted to become a priest.

Recently, I was asked if I would take part in a Stations of the Cross exhibition at the Gus Fisher Gallery in Auckland. The Gus Fisher is a satellite of Auckland University's extravagantly named 'National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries...a centre of excellence and innovation in contemporary creative arts and industries, research, education and practice.'

Even though I am now an atheist I decided to take part in this exhibition. I had done the rounds of the Stations of the Cross so often in my upbringing that I felt that I could make it.

The allocated Stations were drawn out of a hat so I didn't know which one I was going to receive. I wanted
one of the flagellation ones. I think that they would have been easier. still I'm happy with this image.

Remember, that if you click on the image it will come up bigger and more readable.